Thursday, November 5, 2009

Deer Time

Here is last years deer. Posing with my little rifle.

Here's the deer I shot last year, on cam about ten minutes before I shot him.

This is the buck I was hunting.

Instead I shot a 200lb massive eight point.

He's still around, I trust.


Just pulled the Ruger #1 7X57 Mauser out of the box for the first time since I shot the big buck last year. I replaced the one missing shell in the 5-shot cartridge case. Good to go.
Trim a couple of branches and I'm set. Not going to shoot anything SMALLER than I have already killed. I'd rather just sit. The sitting part would be just fine, all by itself.

Update: Sat in the tree a little this evening. Still waiting to see the first deer of the year.

Pulled deercam cards, just a couple of does wandering around.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What brand camera you using/model number?

Robin said...

Man, that's a nice buck you got. Good luck on the other one this year.

Anonymous said...

Moultries, the cheap ones on my deercam shots. The 89.00 on sale job is pretty nice. Forgotten the number and the moutries don't do much in the way of markings.