Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Seeing In Front of Your Face



  When I went up to count deer sunday, for the State of Texas and Alan, I saw two photographs.  I didn't have my camera but there they were in a kind of perfection that lets you know you are in the presence something special.  I needed my 5X7 Deardorff and a couple of film holders.
  I just stood there and let those images pour in.  One was a sycamore tree with a huge interior Poison Ivy plant in heart-breaking light just after sunset.  The other was a dusk view up the road just as the security light came on.  Both of them were just dead-bang easy.  Set up and shoot.  
  Taking my camera along Thursday just for the two images.  They were right at the house, easy access.
  Taking into account that everything that happens....happens for the first time, the last time, and the only time, so it certainly might not be the same.  
  But there is always the chance.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I've had a similar experience many times.
Makes me think we should give up all the rest and spend the rest of our lives hauling the camera around.

Unknown said...

The lava damn is beautiful.

Robert Langham said...

Quite the elegant form. Shiprock. You just have to get the hell off that side before dark comes and the poltergiests swarm in.