Saturday, April 3, 2010

Panola Monthly match.

Karl Schultz and Randy Nash refacing targets.

Work day yesterday. New unshot targets this morning. They looked good standing up behind the berm. I chopped, cut and horsed brush all morning off the berm and back from the 600 yardline and the roadways. When I finished you couldn't tell a thing.

Shot myself silly with the match rifle. 192 standing, 200X8 sitting, disaster at 300, (shot a couple on Randy Nash's target next door), then a 197X6 at 600. Rifle really shoots. Utley won with a 783 out of an AR. Big crowd for the pre-regional monthly. A new guy came and shot my rifle. and ammo. Former Marine. He'll shoot better with more experience. I think he had a good time. Lots of crossfires, excessive, insufficient, misses, et. Unusual for Panola crowd. Perfect conditions.
Now I have two dirty rifles and the TSRA Mid-Range Championship is next week.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you've got the short range stuff down. Now to move on to the mid-range stuff. You are going to the mid-range match next weekend, arent you ?

Old NFO said...

Ah yes... the clean up :-) But it's for a GOOD cause (you) Robert!

Robin said...

That reminds me that I need to complete my AR15.

I hope you are pleased with yourself.

**storms off in a huff**