Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Skull Work


My good friend.

All done except some gluing and wire.

I get the blues for a few days after shooting a nice buck. I miss them on the cams. I assume everyone has to shift around in the herd/pecking order to compensate. I only kill one every couple of years by design or opportunity. Hunted hard last year-30 days in the field and never had a shot or saw a really good buck live-only on cam. Oddly enough one of the few bucks I had the rifle on and DIDN'T shoot was the one I shot this year.

Going to move the decoy across the creek and try in the morning, though it would have to be a remarkable buck to draw a bullet. The really big ones are out there but they are as wary as Sasquatch.

Strange year this year. Sometime I will have to give all this up. If I ever shoot Mr. Big I probably will and limit my hunting to guiding kids and new folks. Nothing goes on forever.

Thanks to the deer and all they give.

No comments: